Friday 13 March 2009

Dragonball Evolution Review

When the actors lineup was first announced for this movie, I didn't really give much hope for this movie, and considering I am not a big fan of the original Dragonball, I didn't anticipate much for this movie, the only thing that kept me interested was to know that this is being produced by Stephen Chow.

But I guess, there is a blessing in disguise for me not to anticipate this movie, after watching the trailer, I was hoping for the worst, but the movie turn out to be slightly above average, and since I didn't give any high hope for this movie, an average movie is still better than a bad movie. But for fans of the original Dragonball, I'm pretty sure most of them will end up feeling really really disappointed with the whole storyline... coz they change it a lot and it was far away from storyline that we knew form the original Dragonball.

The movie started with the narration of how Piccolo got prisoned, then it start with a fight training between Goku and his grandfather... and well, the training scene look crap and I thought, "oh well, I guess my fear for the worst is coming true" But luckily, there were quite a numbers of funny scene which works quite well and it really help me not to feel bored about this movie...

Other than that, the storyline was simple... too simple that is... it only took Goku one overnight training to beat the most fearsome enemy in the world... even the romance was cheesy, all it take was just one serious conversation then you end up falling in love with each other... shesh... talk about simplicity... lol... and by the end of the movie, I end up saying "that's it?" to myself, I really felt as if they were rushing to finish off the movie...

Overall, I really think the movie had the potential, just give it a little bit more screening time and some more budget, I think they could make a good movie out of it (PS: this is coming from a non-fan of the original Dragonball)... So by taking into account of me didn't give any high hope for this movie and being a non-fan of the original Dragonball, I think I can give this movie a 6.5 out of 10 (not really recommendable to watch it at weekend price, weekday would be ok)... as for fans of the original Dragonball, I'm pretty sure they will rate this movie even less, probably around 3 - 4 out of 10...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...