Saturday 8 September 2012

STGCC 2012

ahhh... STGCC is back! and here I am attending it for the second time after my debut last year... eheh... but unlike last year, this year I came here alone... so there was a little bit of burden on my side to try to cover as much as possible on what was being offered there... if last year, I can concentrate more toward the cosplayers who came to STGCC, but this year, I need to try to even things out by covering the toys and arts too... but unfortunately, due to my lack of planning, I kinda missed out on ALL the panels at STGCC... :s

anyway... it's picture time... enjoy... ^^v

upon entering Marina Bay Sands





oh look! Batman!




oh! another Batman!


the calendar is given for free upon spending more than $200 at Simply Toys... boohoo... why can't they just sell it... T_T

lots of Gloomy Bear and Rilakkuma here... but the prices are killing me... T_T

Ichiban Kuji is something like a lucky draw... and the grand prize a Rilakkuma plushie... but at $15 and how bad my luck is at lucky draw, i'll just skip it... huhuhu...








see that? more batman!







Lion-O sword placed behind him


kinda surprised to see Taeyang Batman being sold here... i ended up getting it for Jes... huhuhu...

props for cosplay were available too...




Blythe dolls... some are cute, some I kinda find it creepy too... huhuhu

yeah... more Batman...


Spider-Man as one of the easter egg in the lego display...



KNEEL!!! 8D






i kinda regret not getting this map... the next day i went here, it was already sold out... T_T

so I just get this one instead...

yeah yeah... Batman again...






kinda surprised and creep me out the first time i saw this statue...





the 501st Legion booth... where you get the chance to shoot the trooper using a nerf gun and donate to charity at the same time...




and of course, one of the main highlight of STGCC is the Hot Toys booth... but I will share photos from this booth in another post... they deserve a post of their own... eheh...


and near the Hot Toys booth, they were showcasing some Gundam models... and again, I will post the pictures in another post... 8D


while at the back of the hall is dining area...

owh... and on Day 1, I bump into Touya Hibiki and Kousaka Yun... but lagging me, I didn't ask for any autograph from them, I just simply took photos of them... I'm pretty sure they will allow me to get their autograph since there weren't many crowd at that area...


and this is during Day 2 of the photo taking session with them...




i only managed to take photo with them on Day 1... while on Day 2, i forgot to bring my Fastpass coupon... so I couldn't get a fast entry to the photo taking session... the normal queue was very long and i don't think i wanna stand that long in the queue... so yeah... didn't take a photo with them on Day 2... T_T

other than the booth exhibition, they also got stage performance and also panels... and unfortunately, like I've said earlier, I missed out on ALL the panels... T_T

the same emcee as last year...

a lightsaber fight performance...

and at the end of Day 1, it was the DJ performance by Monomind and ZANEEDS... you can view the video of the performance HERE (but it is just bits and pieces only)...


while at the end of Day 2, they held a CosWalk runway for the cosplayers... but in my opinion, I would  have prefer they made a cosplay competition just like last year... anyway, I will post the pictures from the CosWalk in another posts... 



owh... and in Day 1, it took me almost 4 hours just to try to cover each and every booth... which is also the reason why i miss out the panels... so as i reached at the very end of the booth, it's time to take some pictures of the cosplayers... and yeah, the cosplay pictures will be posted in another post too... eheh...




i see lots of photographer who brought their equipment with them... I wished I could brought mine too, coz the lighting there is horrendous... but being alone, and also oversea, bringing all of that is just too heavy and too much work for me... yeah I'm kinda lazy... hahaha...



pedobear spotted!

I did manage to spot Alodia on Day 1... she was here just to visit STGCC... and once again, my lagging brain didn't think of trying to take her autograph or even took a photo together... I just end up taking photo of her with one of the local cosplayer there... *bang head to wall*

and at the end of the day, other than the Joker poster, this two are the only thing I got from STGCC... all that many choices left me not knowing what to get... hahaha... other than that, I was kinda getting close to being broke after buying stuffs for my friends and also visiting the Harry Potter exhibition which was not initially in my to-do plan... oh well... maybe next year again... and note to self, i need to allocate more budget for some commissioned sketches next year... huhuhu...

so overall, for some reason, I didn't feel the same excitement as last year STGCC... i don't know why... maybe it's because of the panels i missed... or maybe because they are missing some of last year big name like Paul Levitz, CB Cebulski... booths like The Walking Dead, Marvel and DC were also missing... but other than that, it was enjoyable, especially seeing all the cosplayers there (yeah, seeing the cosplayers is still one of my main reason to visit STGCC), getting some toys for myself (even though it is not much T_T)... so yeah, next year I will still be coming here... and hopefully it is going to be bigger than this year... so see you next year!!!

PS: i didn't take any video (except for the DJ Night performance)... so enjoy this video by other youtuber instead... cheers! ^^v

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...