Wednesday 12 September 2012

Miri Trip

It's been a while since I last went to Miri... last time was about 2 or 3 yrs ago, but  I only went straight to the airport that time... and the last time I stayed overnight in Miri was more than 10 yrs ago... so yeah, I definitely do not know Miri's road...

So last Saturday (08th Sep 2012), we went to Miri, I had to wait for Cherry in Seria so she can become my guide in Miri... hahaha... First I had to pick up SJ & Nio around 10am and went to Seria... then at Seria, SJ & Nio change car and follow Leong coz Nio had to go to Miri early to join MACGcon CosWalk, which unfortunately they didn't make it coz MACGcon suddenly changed their schedule (again) from 2.30pm to an earlier time... as for me, I had to stay at Seria and wait for Cherry & Jes til 2 plus i think...

Arrived Miri at 3 plus and we went straight to Garden Inn to check in... upon checking-in, we went straight to Parkson to meet SJ, Nio & Leong which only by then we get to know that Nio didn't make it for the CosWalk... after walking around the MACGcon venue for a while, we all went to Meritz Hotel for Cherry & Leong to check-in...

and this the view from Cherry's room at the 10th floor...

and while we were at Cherry's room, we managed to get an impromptu photoshoot of Nio... not much though... huhuhu... 

while the rest just look on, resting for a while...


after we're done resting, SJ & Nio had to move their stuffs from Leong's car to bring to Garden Inn... the room was kinda small, but then again, what can you expect from RM65... huhuhu...
 the corridor of Garden Inn

owh... for your info, the reason we went to Miri was to attend the MACGcon... Miri first ever anime, comic, gaming convention... but I won't write in detail about it here, will write it up in another post... eheh...


and our first meal in Miri... at Marrybrown... wanted to go to Pizza hut, unfortunately it was full...


after our meal, we just went around Parkson... as for me, there were nothing I really wanted to get... after all, I was kinda at the brink of being broke after my trip to STGCC a week earlier... huhuhu...

after the girls had enough shopping around, we went to Miri Fun Fair which is located right next to Boulevard... Nio & Cherry didn't join coz they wanted to fix Cherry's wig...
the entrance to the Fun Fair is RM2 and the ride charge at the range of 2 - 3 token where each token cost RM2...
i vaguely remembered that JP used to have something like this and it used to be my favourite ride... 
so yeah, i ride it... it was ok... but i guess after years of not playing this kind of ride, few minutes after the end of the ride, i started to feel like i wanna puke... hahaha... so weak of me... hahaha

ferris wheel... it's one of Nio most-want-to-ride, but then again with her fear of height, I wonder if she really want to ride it or not...


on to the next ride... it's called Sudden Impact... it is something like Aladdin ride at JP... and I remembered that I never tend to feel well whenever I ride this kind of ride... dunno why... so it was only SJ alone play there...

the guy group next to SJ were very active throughout the ride... hahaha

SJ's hair look like shampoo advert... hahaha...


this kind of ride also tend to make me feel dizzy during it time at JP... funny how I can enjoy rollercoaster over and over again without feeling sick, but rides like this can make me feel sick so easily... huhuhu...

and last ride of the night was the Tagada...


and this time, only Jes went for it... she look so lonely in this pic... huhuhu... sorry Jes, had I didn't feel like something was about to come out from my throat, I would love to accompany you... huhuhu...

and round they go...

haha... Jes clinging to the railing like her life depend on it... hahaha... xp
and round they go again...

lol Jes... owh... don't worry, she was ok despite making the expression... xp
and that wrap up our first day in Miri... after sending Jes & Leong to Cherry's room, me, SJ & Nio had to walk back to Garden Inn... and since it was past 11pm, Parkson door were already close, so we had to go around Parkson building to reach to Garden Inn, and some part of was sooo freakin scary coz it was kinda dim and sooo quite... but thankfully, nothing happen... huhuhu...

DAY 2

woke up before 8 coz the girls (except for Jes & Leong) need to prepare with their cosplay... and in Day 2, only SJ will be competing in MACGcon cosplay competition... so after finish taking a shower, me, SJ & Nio check out from Garden Inn and moved to Cherry's room to prepare there...



owh... for your info, this how the interior of Meritz look like... and this is at the 10th floor...


once the girls have completed their preparation, Cherry check out from the room and we went off to MACGcon...

final touch-up on Cherry...

the cosplay competition registration counter... 

anyway... like i've said, I will write about MACGcon in another post... eheh... the prize presentation ended at around 5.15pm... and that wrap up our visit to Miri & MACGcon... owh, and since this is my first time drive to & from Miri, I was kinda surprised that the traveling from Miri to BSB didn't take 3 hours, I thought it was gonna be longer than that... haha... yeah yeah, i don't travel much... eheh... but my only gripe during the journey was the girls who followed my car (Jes, SJ & Nio) slept all the way home, leaving me all alone... boohoo... the disadvantage of being the driver... huhuhu... signing off... cheers!!! ^^v

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...