Wednesday 13 January 2010

Falconeyes Flash Gun Accessories Kit Quick Test

I actually wanted to get myself an Orbis, but since none of my friends are going to Singapore anywhere soon, so I ended up buying this 6 in 1 flash gun accessories kit out of curiosity... yepz... bought it coz I'm curious rather than needing it... LoL...


Anyway... so I wanted to try out this equipment, unfortunately, there weren't anybody who was willing to become my guinea-pig, so I just end up taking shots of my figurines... btw, this is just a quick shots, not a proper one, so excuse for the irregular lighting result... and at that time, my Canon 5D Mark II had Sigma 50mm f1.4 on it and was too lazy to change it... eheh... so as a result, distance between my camera & my figurines are just around 1 feet away... not really a good distance to see the full effect of the flash... owh, and the flash are on the camera...

So straight to the point, here is the first shot with flash only (FEC +1/3)... all shots are taken with the flash pointing directly at the figurines...

Softbox (FEC +1.0)

Honey Comb (FEC +1)

Beauty Dish (FEC +3)

Globe-Diffusor (FEC +3)

and just for fun, here are a few shots taken with the flash pointing at direct angle...

Globe-diffusor at 90 degree (FEC +2)

Flash only at 45 degree pointing at the back of the camera (FEC +2)

Flash only at 75 degree + on flash little reflector facing front (FEC +2)

Due to the nature of this test, I can't draw a conclusive conclusion just yet... hopefully I can get to do a more proper test and a better review this weekend... but of course, you can't expect the result to rival a proper studio lighting... but heck, just want to see how far I can go using this equipment...

5 comments:

jojosochi said...

Wao.. you get the Falconeyes flash gun accessories, i'm planning to get, but to pricy XD

i like the conical snoot.

ScarySoul said...

eheh... yeah... at 288 it is kinda pricey... but luckily i got some discount point at QQ... so i end up paying 200 only... eheh...

jojosochi said...

haha.. smart ah.

Furkan said...

Hi

I bought Flash gun Accessories include 20.30 softbox and ca-6a adaptor. But I couldnt place efficiently the softbox ruds on soft box can you help me =)

Thanks

ScarySoul said...

unfortunately, this is a mass production item, so some might get a bad copy of it... i also got the bad copy, so i just use clip to make sure the softbox doesn't falloff... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...