Friday 14 August 2009

District 9 Review

First of all, a warning to those who don't like gore movie, STAY AWAY! Coz there will be a lot of scenes involving blood, mutilation and even people being pulverize... So for those who don't mind the gore stuffs, then I must say that this is one superb movie!!!

Initially, I thought it would just like another Cloverfield movie when they started off the movie with what look like a footage taken by a handheld video camera... but luckily, not all of the scene was taken from a video cam perspective, it was a mix of video cam shots with regular shots which I find it interesting and past the quarter mark, there were no more video cam shots being used...

Storywise, it was almost like a regular story, but something about it just keeps on drawing my attention, but I don't really know what, it just manage to keep me interested for the whole movie. And come the part where the alien weapon start to being used, that is where most the action begin and it was one exciting battle, it wasn't a really big battle, but it is still very exciting (i said it twice, so it got to be exciting... err... make it three times... eheh...).

Another cool thing about the movie is the effect. The mothership and the "prawn" look so real, it doesn't look like a CGI. And the ending was kinda open which can give a possibility of a sequel, and I do hope they make one!

So overall, as I described in the opening paragraph, this movie is not for those who don't like gore stuffs and it is definitely not suitable for the kids. Other than that, I find it interesting, exciting and SUPERB! I definitely think that this is one of the best movie so far this year. As for my rating, I know that this is not a perfect ten rated movie, but considering I haven't seen any movie that can make me this excited for quite some times (I think, the last time I felt this excited was when I watched Dark Knight), so I might be a bit biased in my rating, I'm giving it a 9.5 out of 10... :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...