Friday 3 April 2009

Shinjiku Incident Review

If you expect some kungfu and comedy from Jackie Chan, then unfortunately, you won't be seeing it in this movie... this is a different movie by Jackie Chan, and I think this is the first time I see Jackie Chan acted so seriously throughout the movie... owh, if you think that is crap, then think again, personally, I think this is the best anti-hero asian movie I have ever seen!

As you can see from the title, it happen in Japan, and there were some element of Japanese-styled movie being put into the movie... as most of you might know, Japanese movies tend to have a slow-paced movie, and for most part of this movie, the pace was also slow, but not as slow as most Japanese movies... for those who are not used to Japanese movies, they might find it too slow, but for me, since I'm used to Japanese movies, I didn't really find it that slow... the introduction was necessary to explain the whole concept of the movie... though the only thing I hate about the movie was at how easy it was for Jackie Chan to assassinate two head yakuza at point blank... but other than that, everything was done superbly...

Acting wise, Jackie Chan & Daniel Wu did a great job... as for Takenaka Naoto who played as a detective, for some reason, he keep on reminding me of him playing as Strezemann in Nodame Cantabile, maybe it's because of the way he talk, overall he was ok...

So overall, this is one asian movie worth watching even at weekend price and personally, it is highly recommendable... for the rating, personally again, I would give it a 10 out of 10... eheh... seriously, I'm not really into anti-hero movies, but this movie rally captivate me, so I really think it worth a 10... but for those who don't like the pace of the movie might give it an 8 or 7.5 out of 10... but that is still a good rating right... :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...