Today, imaging leader Nikon Inc. introduced the new 24.2-megapixel Nikon D3200 HD-SLR; a camera designed for photo enthusiasts ready to step up to a D-SLR or for the busy family memory keeper with an active lifestyle who demands a camera that can keep pace. From low-light to fast action, the D3200 delivers the amazing image quality Nikon is known for, either indoors or outside. Whether new to photography or upgrading from a point-and-shoot, the D3200 features Nikon's acclaimed instructive Guide Mode to help unleash the photographer in everyone. From candid action shots to staged portraits that flatter, the Nikon D3200 provides the power to capture every moment easily and beautifully with stellar image quality and in stunning Full HD (1080p) video.
Ready to tag along for any outing, the Nikon D3200's compact, lightweight body makes it easy to pack for a quick day trip or the long haul. A host of advanced features, including a super high resolution 24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor, Full HD (1080p) video recording with full time autofocus (AF) and 4 frames-per-second (fps) high-speed continuous shooting mode, prepare the D3200 for challenging lighting conditions and fast paced action. Also, Nikon D3200 users will be able to take advantage of the new WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter. When connected to the camera, this optional adapter can wirelessly send images to mobile devices like smartphones and tablets, preview an image before shooting and control the camera remotely.
"When every moment is as precious as the next one, having a camera that takes the guesswork out of photography is important," said Bo Kajiwara, director of marketing, Nikon Inc. "The Nikon D3200 HD-SLR offers effortless functionality and easy-to-use connectivity to mobile devices that answers the call for a capable, entry-level D-SLR that will change how you share amazing images with your friends and family."
- 24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor
- Full HD (1080p) video recording with fulltime AF, manual exposure control and stereo sound via a microphone input jack
- Optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter lets users remotely control the Nikon D3200 and transfer photos for sharing from Android platform smartphones and tablets
- Intuitive Guide Mode to walk users through key camera functions and settings
- 4 fps high-speed continuous shooting at full resolution
- Standard ISO range of 100-6400, expandable to ISO 12,800
- EXPEED 3 Image Processing and an 11-point AF system that works with Nikon’s Scene Recognition System
- The Nikon D3200 outfit with the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens will be available in late April for $699.95 SRP
- The optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter will be available in late May for $59.95 SRP
Price and Availability
The Nikon D3200 outfit with the versatile AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR image stabilization lens will be available in late April 2012 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $699.95* in either Black or Red. The optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter, sold separately, will be available in late May 2012 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $59.95*. For more information on the Nikon D3200, NIKKOR lenses, additional Nikon D-SLR cameras and accessories, please visit www.nikonusa.com.