Sunday 5 September 2010

Short Star Trail Trial

In this first shot, I tried to captured as many stars as possible, so I set my camera to f4.0, 30 seconds, ISO 1600 (I was using 17-40mm f4.0, will try to use 24-70mm f2.8 maybe tomorrow if the weather is being good to me). As you can see here, unfortunately in Brunei, we suffer some light pollution. There are some area which are very dark, but it is somewhere very remote which I don't dare to go... eheh...

Then, time to try shooting some star trail... since this is just a trial, so I just shoot at 2 minutes exposure...


And as morning light staring to appear, the number of visible star start to reduce... below picture is taken at 210 seconds, and as you can see, the number of visible stars are very few compared to my first trail shot which was only taken at 120 seconds.
Thats the only shots I managed to captured before morning light start to set in, as I mentioned earlier, I will try to captured more star trail tomorrow should the weather stay like tonight (today?) using f2.8 with hope of trying to get more numbers of visible stars (or maybe I could try 50mm f1.4 instead... eheh...)

Cheers... :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...