Nikon Europe today announces the launch of a high performance COOLPIX model, the P7000, that sets a new benchmark for quality photography in a discrete and stylish package. The result of extensive research amongst professional photographers, the COOLPIX P7000 delivers outstanding images in a less intimidating form factor than a SLR.
The P7000’s superb image quality is guaranteed by a wide-angle 7.1x zoom NIKKOR lens giving a 28mm to 200mm range (35mm format equivalent), with optical Vibration Reduction (VR), two ED glass elements and Nikon’s brand new EXPEED C2 image processing system. The large 10.1 effective megapixel 1/1.7” CCD sensor facilitates wide dynamic range and exceptional low light performance whilst the 7.5cm (3.0”) high resolution LCD (920K dot) monitor assists composition, movie making and playback in brilliant detail.
Mark Pekelharing, Product Manager, Consumer Products at Nikon Europe B.V., says: “The COOLPIX P7000 boasts a raft of advanced features and ergonomics found in SLR cameras, making it the ultimate compact option for advanced SLR users and professional photographers who want high quality images in a discrete and responsive body.” He added, “Our professional customers have really helped to drive decisions about the feature set, and the results speak for themselves; great quality photography…anywhere”.
Nikon P7000 Key Features
- 10.1-megapixel, large 1/1.7-inch CCD sensor
- 7.1x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED Glass Lens
- 5-way VR Image Stabilization System
- 3-inch 921k dot resolution LCD
- RAW file function compatible with Mac and Windows
- PSAM (Program, Shutter, Aperture, Manual) exposure control
- ISO 6400 at full resolution
Additional features of the Nikon COOLPIX P7000 digital camera include:
- 7.1x Wide‐Angle Optical Zoom‐NIKKOR ED glass lens (28‐200mm f/2.8‐5.6) allows for detailed close‐ups and dramatic landscapes.
- 3.0‐inch 921,000‐dot Clear Color Display with wide viewing angle makes it easy to compose, view and share still images and movies that come alive with rich detail and improved contrast.
- Large optical viewfinder with diopter adjustment dial
- Tone Level Information helps photographers achieve their desired exposure with a histogram display, allowing them to determine the exposure while checking the balance between highlights and shadows.
- Electronic Virtual Horizon Indicator gives the user visual confirmation that the camera has a level horizon.
- In‐camera editing functions include exposure compensation, COOLPIX Picture Control, noise reduction filter, Quick Retouch, D‐Lighting and Active D‐Lighting.
- Full Manual Controls‐PSAM (Program, Shutter, Aperture, Manual) control gives creative control over images.
- NRW (RAW) file function compatible with Mac® and Windows® Operating Systems.
- Bracketing functions for Automatic Exposure (Sv and Tv) and White Balance allows the user to take consecutive shots with slightly different settings and select the one that best matches their intention.
- HD (720p) Movie with Stereo, Mic Input Jack and HDMI Output records at 24 fps with optical zoom, autofocus and stereo sound.
- Subject Tracking automatically activates autofocus while tracking moving subjects, like active children or unpredictable animals.
- Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the shooting situation and adjusts the camera’s settings accordingly for great pictures anywhere.
The Nikon COOLPIX P7000 will be available in late September 2010 for $499.95 MSRP.