Friday 12 February 2010

Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightning Thief Review

Directed by Chris Columbus, the person who directed the first two Harry Potter movie, most might want to make a cross-reference with the Harry Potter franchise... but for me, it look more like Chronicle of Narnia rather than Harry Potter... so if you're not into Chronicle of Narnia, then you can just skip this movie...

Anyway, the movie is based from a book, but I've never read the book, so I don't know whether the movie follow the book or not... but on it's own, I think the movie fair quite OK... I definitely think that this movie can do better... somehow I felt the length of 119 minutes doesn't really do much to the movie as most of the scene look kinda like being rushed and quickly over... and due to the fast pace of the movie, it somehow make the movie look less epic... might be better if it was longer or maybe made into two part so they can give a proper introduction or a more epic battle...

But overall, it's not that bad actually, I find it okay, definitely won't be my movie of the year... as for my rating, i give it a 7 out of 10...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...