Wednesday 24 August 2011

STGCC 2011 - Day Two

2nd day of STGCC 2011... which is also the final day of STGCC... and for today, we didn't need to go there early as the first event that we want to see start at 1pm, which is when Marvel panel go on stage... too bad it have the time schedule as Kipi's Walk of Fame... so I only stayed at the Marvel panel til 1.30+ then proceed to Kipi's Walk of Fame... I did manage to get a few shots & videos of the Marvel panel, which I will upload in the near future... :)

anyway... 2nd day even more hectic for me than the 1st day as the schedule is even tighter than 1st day... there is Marvel panel & Kipi's Walk of Fame at 1-2pm, then there is Spotlight on Itou Shizuka at 3-4pm (but too bad, no photos & videos were allowed during Itou Shizuka time on stage) and then finally, the cosplay competition at 5-7pm... and between the free time, I have to rush in and out of the hall to take photos of the cosplayers there... which is why I also have less time browsing through the booths and didn't take many photos of the display there...

and since this is Sunday, there were even more crowds going to Suntec and also more cosplayers too... and of course, more crowds & more cosplayers mean more photographers too... which also mean, I missed out even more cosplayers on the 2nd day... and there was Hayley Williams of Paramore too... unfortunately I didn't manage to spot her... :s



Otaku House is there too... bought something there... :)

















then at 5pm... it's the final event of STGCC 2011... it's the cosplay competition... there were 2 representatives from Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines & Indonesia competing in this year STGCC... somehow, I felt a bit disappointed with the representative from Indonesia... I'm not saying that their cosplay is bad, but I know they can do better than that... I will post their individual video in my blog soon...


one of the judges cosplayed as Red Skull from Captain America...






Kipi presenting a special prize to one of the cosplay participant...


The event finished at almost 7pm... and won by Singapore representative who cosplayed as War Machine from Iron Man 2... all of the cosplayers were awesome, too bad I can say much bout the Indonesian cosplayers, but I was kinda surprised not to see any of the Malaysian or Philippines cosplayers to get a top two finish, top two won by both Singaporean representatives... but the two cosplayers from Philippines did manage to get a special prize from Kipi & Jacky Dosai...

So after the event, I went for a quick visit around the hall, and it was surprisingly quiet, I imagined had it been in Brunei, I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of people coming to search for a last minute or end of day bargain... my only gripe was, I wished I had more cash with me that time... huhuhu... oh well... maybe next year... if I have the chance to go to STGCC again that is...

And that wraps up my two day visit to STGCC 2011, you can see more photos of Day Two at my Facebook album HERE, HEREHERE. But if you don't have a Facebook or not within my friendlist, you'll just have to wait for me to post some of it here again... cheers... ^^v

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...