Thursday 23 June 2011

J.K. Rowling Unveils Pottermore Website


J.K. Rowling finally unveiled her Pottermore website.

She explains it as " a free website that builds an exciting online experience around the reading of the Harry Potter books."

In other words, it's an interactive site in which users can play games within the Harry Potter books. It kicks off in October, but beginning July 31, users will be able to find out more details about entering the site early.

She hopes the site will encourage more young fans to read her book. "I wanted to pull it back to the reading, to the literary and story experience...I've had a lot to do with virtually every aspect of it," she told reporters at the London launch of Pottermore.com.

Rowling also announced Thursday that the seven Harry Potter novels will be available as eBooks beginning in October.

But she dashed rumors that she's working on an eight sequel.

“I do have closure with Harry," Rowling said. "I have no plans to write another novel. I'm pretty sure I'm done on the novel front...But it was fun while it lasted."

The eBooks will be available exclusively on Pottermore.com.

"It is my view you can't hold back progress," she said of the decision to put them online. "Ebooks are here and here to stay. Later than a lot of people, I for the first time downloaded ebooks and it's miraculous for travel and for children in particular. I feel great about taking Harry into this new medium."

Her Harry Potter books have sold more than 400 million copies worldwide.



The final film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, hits theaters on July 15.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...