Friday 12 June 2009

Blood: The Last Vampire Review

I only see bits and pieces of Blood anime movie, but I've seen and own the anime series... So although I don't really know the whole story of the original anime movie, I do know the concept of Blood and fortunately, they tried to keep this movie as close as possible with the concept of the anime, but will that be enough? Unfortunately for the fans of Blood, it's not... 

I really feel that his movie have the potential to bang, but due to the low budget being financed for this movie, you can't help feeling like you're watching a cheap movie (and the fact that local cinema cuts most of the gore part spoils the fun too)...

In term of storyline, a friend of mine say that the movie was little bit different from the original movie (as usual), and the ending was quite different, so that's another thing Blood fans might want to gripe. But for those who don't know about the original anime, the storyline is quite good actually... the action started off almost immediately with background of Saya (played by Gianna) were told as the movie goes by through series of flashbacks and it was done quite nicely as it keep the audience interested to know more about her past while trying not to forget about what is currently going on. For the ending, somehow I didn't feel any intensity eventhough that is supposed to be the final battle, I felt like they are just rushing to get it done... well, that's just my opinion...

Acting-wise, unfortunately, nobody did great, for me it was below average except for Kato who perform better than the rest of the crews... and I think Gianna couldn't really get into Saya character, she look more toward being awkward rather than being a lonely and raging Saya as portrayed in the anime, her weakness were clearly seen when she tried to speak Japanese. Though the sword fight is good, would have been better had they didn't cut-off most of the fighting scene (pfftttt to the censorboard).

I doubt they will be making a second movie of Blood, so if you want to know what happened to Saya, just watch the series as the series is the sequel to the movie... While for Blood fan, I'm pretty sure most of them will be eager to bury this movie away. As for me, it's quite hard to rate this movie... I really want to give it a high rating for its potential, but the low budget destroy everything, so in the end, I end up giving this movie a 6.5 out of 10, and for all the Blood fans out there, you can just try to avoid this movie or just wait for it to come out in DVD...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...