Tuesday 19 May 2009

Football or dancing?

India captain Bhaichung Bhutia has sought an immediate release from his club, accusing it of humiliating him after they claimed he appeared more keen to participate in a television dance show than play in the I-League. 

Mohun Bagan, India's oldest soccer club, wrote to Bhutia last week asking him to explain why he was skipping training sessions to appear on the celebrity-based dancing show on television and accused him of lacking commitment during the league season.

The diminutive striker, the face of Indian soccer, in turn blamed the club for leaking contents of the letter to the media.

"I no longer have any desire to play for Mohun Bagan after all that has happened. It is good, both for me and the club, to part ways in a peaceful way," The Times of India quoted him as saying.

"After playing for 17-18 years, I don't need to prove my commitment. From day one, the club was aware of my schedules for the dance programme. 

"I am extremely disappointed with this attempt to make me the scapegoat...I have been humiliated and now I feel no urge to play for the green and maroons."

err... LoL? ahak...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...