Today, Nikon Inc. announced the new 14.2-megapixel Nikon 1 V2, the latest addition to the revolutionary Nikon 1 Advanced Camera with Interchangeable Lens System. Designed for the creative consumer who seeks stunning images and HD video, the V2 incorporates a myriad of new features aimed at improving the shooting experience, including a new ergonomic grip for familiar handling, a built-in flash and the addition of a Command Mode Dial to provide easy access to features and controls. Nikon also introduced the new SB-N7, an optional compact speedlight that offers versatile lighting possibilities for Nikon 1 V1 and Nikon 1 V2 shooters.
The new Nikon 1 V2 is designed to be compact and delivers astoundingly rapid Autofocus (AF) and shooting response, incredible image quality, sharp Full HD video and advanced yet easy-to-use shooting options. The V2 offers a new 14.2-megapixel CX-format super high-speed CMOS sensor that has been engineered to allow for amazing image quality that exhibits eye-catching colors, rich hues and striking detail. The upgraded sensor combined with the blazing fast Advance Hybrid AF system allows users to shoot up to 15 frames-per-second (fps) while maintaining full AF tracking that allows the capturing of fast moving subjects. Other new and noteworthy features include versatile and fun shooting modes such as Best Moment Capture Mode and the new Live Image Control that lets a user preview their creative vision, pre-capture.
"The recent additions to the Nikon 1 System, including the new V2, demonstrate Nikon's dedication to delivering a camera system that meets the needs of creative and expressive consumers looking for an easy-to-use camera that is portable enough to take on any life adventure," said Bo Kajiwara, Vice President of Marketing, Planning and Customer Experience. "With a grip and control layout that is familiar to photographers, the V2's incredible speed, versatility, ease of use and portability can be used in various situations to shoot amazing images and sharp HD video."
- 14.2-megapixel CX-format CMOS Sensor alongside EXPEED 3A image processing engine
- Enhanced design featuring a traditional grip and new Command Dial
- New Direct Setting Control enables quick access to manual controls
- Advanced Hybrid Autofocus (AF) system
- 73-point AF array
- High-speed continuous shooting with continuous AF approx. 15 fps up to 45 frames
- Features a new built-in pop up flash and wide ISO range (160-6400) for difficult lighting conditions
- Full HD 1080p video capability
- High-resolution 921,000-dot, 3.0-inch LCD display
- Full Auto/Manual controls alongside image effects and in-camera creative functions
- Compatible with all 1 NIKKOR lenses and WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter for easy upload via Wi-Fi to social networks and/or remote operation. Also compatible with new SB-N7 speedlight, FT-1 Mount Adapter
Price and Availability
The Nikon 1 V2 camera with the 10-30mm lens will be available in late November 2012 for the suggested retail price (SRP) of $899.95. The SB-N7 speedlight will be available in January 2013 and will have a suggested retail price (SRP) of $159.95. For more information on the V2 and SB-N7 or other Nikon 1 series products, please visit www.nikonusa.com.