Saturday 1 November 2008

Night Photography Outing at Bandar Seri Begawan on 31st October 2008

Yesterday (31st October 2008), the photography club at my workplace decided to go for a night photography outing. So I arrived early at BSB and took some pictures of Masjid SOAS again, unfortunately, the weather wasn't really that great, black clouds were everywhere, but what the heck, since I'm already there, might as well took some pictures of Masjid SOAS.






Anyway, that night was supposed to be the first night of Zulkaedah, but look at the moon! Quite big eh?

How big you may ask? Here's a wider view. The moon is at the top right corner. Still quite noticeable eh? It look more like it was on its second night rather than its first night.

By 7, I was already at BIBD Building with Zul. And while waiting for HMZ, I took this pictures of the backalley. It was handheld and using H1 ISO (6400).

I think it was by 7.30 that we leave BIBD building and head to Portview Yayasan. And when we reach Portview, it started to rain. The rain was quite heavy, so we have to take shelter at Portview. How heavy the rain you may ask? Take a look at the pictures below, again I took it handheld and using H1 ISO (6400).



But of course, the rain won't stop us from taking some pictures. Here are some of the pictures that I have managed to capture.








It's almost 8.30, and there's no sign of the rain to stop. So since we're still taking shelter at Portview, I took this pictures. For this shot, the person made some movement, so I edit it to monochrome.

Lucky me, this time, he (or she, i dont really know... eheh...) didn't make any movement.

I tried taking wider angle, unfortunately he (or she) moved a lot... I've already edit for a monochrome pictures, so for this one, I just play around with the level setting.

Past 8.30, light rain only, but we didn't want to risk getting our camera all wet, yeah the Canon EOS 50D is weatherproof, but it's not waterproof, so we just decide to call it for the day. Our initial plan was, after the photo session, we would get something to eat at Gerai Kianggeh (near the graveyard), but due to the rain, we decided to eat somewhere indoor, which is KFC. Mael and Aidie join us at KFC.




There, we also play around with our camera. Here is HMZ trying out my Sigma 50-150mm f2.8 lens + Zul's Extension Tube EF 25 II on his Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III.

At the same time, me and Zul were also discussing about lens filter. Yeah I haven't got a filter for my lenses yet, so Zul help me out by choosing the filters and also remote that I need at Ebay, luckily Zul brought his laptop with him.


Owh, and look at the time! It's past 10pm already, and KFC want to close their premise. So we pack up our stuffs and end our club's first night outing.


So overall, it was a fruitful outing, especially for me, as this is my first night outing and also my first time taking pictures under the rain. I learned quite a lot from HMZ & Zul, like using the bulb mode (yeah I had my camera for one months plus only and I haven't truly learn most of the functions of the camera yet... eheh...). So overall, it was fun and it was a good experience for me, and hopefully, we can make another night outing in the future, and hopefully, it won't rain so that more members of the club can join in.

And for our next outing... well... as of now, we haven't decided anything yet... the only discussion about future outing was going to Sepang for the Japanese GT Race in March 2009. For that one, I have to check with my schedule and budget... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

try http://www.blingeasy.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...